A bright, great and delicious addition to your holiday table! (It’s for sure on our menu!) Can’t find broccolini? This is a great dish with asparagus or broccoli florets, as well. Adjust the cooking time if needed, basis the vegetable you choose. Broccolini is small and tender so it cooks fast!
Lemon Garlic Broccolini
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 shallot chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 bunches broccolini sliced at an angle, in half
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 Tbsp butter, allowing to partially melt. Add shallot. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add broccolini (florets and stalks), salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes, mixing gently with shallots and garlic. Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter in 2 small pats. Gently move around. Cook 3-4 more minutes or until remaining butter melts. Gently move around to incorporate all flavors. You do not want to cook this too long as broccolini is light and tender and will easily get soggy. It will keep cooking a bit more once you are done so watch closely.
- Add lemon zest and juice. Turn heat off.
- Plate and top with any remaining lemon zest.