Making your grocery list for the week ahead? Make sure to add this to the menu! Simply awesome. A fantastic depth of flavor yet fresh and light. Easily addicting and crowd pleasing! Substitute gluten free pasta for an entirely gluten free dish. So, so good.
Lemon Pasta Puttanesca with Salmon
- 12 oz bucatini or spaghetti substitute gluten free pasta if desired
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 shallot diced
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/4 cup capers drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives drained and roughly chopped
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice divided
- 4 – 4 oz salmon filets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus extra for finishing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for finishing
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley stems removed and finely chopped
- Lemon zest garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Fill a large stockpot with salted water and bring to a boil. While stove and oven are heating up, prepare sauce.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add shallots and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Add capers, olives and 4 Tbsp lemon juice. Turn heat down to medium low heat and cook until rest pasta is done.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water. Stir noodles to prevent from sticking. Cook 9-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Lay salmon filets on a large baking sheet covered with foil. Drizzle salmon with olive oil, remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Broil for 6 minutes or until golden on the outside. Set aside when cooked.
- Drain pasta. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley and drained pasta to sauce and lightly toss to combine. Salmon can be served as a filet on top of each serving of pasta or gently mixed into pasta in smaller pieces.
- Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.