Lemony, light, delicious and perfect for the weekend! Prep this tonight for tomorrow morning or in the morning for a great start to your Saturday! The addition of lemon pudding mix accentuates the flavor and the yogurt keep the creaminess on point without oil.
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup poppyseeds
- 1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Spray parchment with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using electric beaters, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until smooth and slightly fluffy, about 4 minutes. Keeping the mixer on low speed, add eggs one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into batter. Add Greek yogurt, pudding mix, lemon juice, lemon zest and poppyseeds. Stop the mixer when all of the ingredients just come together, being careful not to overmix.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a skewer or knife inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out with few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove by lifting the parchment overhang and moving to a cooling rack.
- While loaf is cooling, prepare glaze by whisking powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk in a bowl until there are no lumps. It should be pretty thick, but pourable.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled loaves and serve. If you have any extra lemon zest, you can grate some over the glaze for a pretty finish. Store extra glaze in an airtight container in the fridge and loaves in an airtight container on the counter.