Light and airy yet sweet and delicious! The most perfect combination that comes together oh so quickly. Pop these on the griddle before school or for a weekend brunch! Not a fan of blueberries? Swap out for your favorite berries and syrup of choice.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Jam and Fresh Blueberries
- 1 3/4 cups flour gluten free blend, if desired
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Blueberry syrup
- Fresh blueberries
- Lemon zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, eggs and almond milk. Whisk well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture. Add wet mixture. Mix well. Add ricotta, lemon juice and lemon zest. Combine ingredients until mostly smooth. Note, there may be some small pieces of ricotta and that’s to be expected.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick saucepan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray or brush surface with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Working in batches, pour pancake mixture in roughly 1/4 cup circles onto pan or griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes on first side. Pancake will start bubbling slightly and brown on the edges. Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve pancakes with blueberry syrup, fresh blueberries and any extra lemon zest. If desired, garnish with fresh mint.