A delicious and easy way to use up that beautiful summer zucchini and squash that you have on hand. So tasty that no one will know there’s zucchini inside! Perfect make ahead option for school weeks as well.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups flour sub for gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups zucchini grated squeezed of liquid and patted dry
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
- Fold in zucchini until it is mixed well.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend all together until well combined.
- Pour batter into a 9” x 5” loaf pan, lined with parchment paper. You can also use 4 mini loaf pans as an option (5 1/2” x 3”).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes for regular size loaf pan or 40-45 minutes for mini loaf pans.
- Allow bread to cool for 5-10 minutes. Prepare glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread and cut to serve.
- Store in airtight container for up to one week. Can also easily be frozen for a few months, defrosting before serving.
Makes 1 full size loaf or 4 mini loaves