Mason jar salads are one of our favorite ways to meal prep for a busy week or weekend! They are easy and make eating healthy so turnkey. Our Loaded Greek Mason Jar Salad is one of our favorite recipes but you can be as creative as you’d like. There are only two key reminders for Mason Jar Salads. First, make sure you use a 32 oz jar for the perfectly sized salad. Second, layer the items with the heaviest on bottom and lightest on top. Dressing is always on the bottom, topped with protein and any heavier beans or vegetables. Always finish with salad greens on top. This ensures they don’t get soggy and pour out first in the salad. When ready to eat, just pour onto your serving plate. Get creative or clean out your fridge! The options here are limitless.
Loaded Greek Mason Jar Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 cup green olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved and lightly salted
- 2 cups cucumber diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa optional
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 4 cups arugula or favorite greens
- Fresh herbs
- Prepare salad dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Use four, 32 ounce, mason jars. Divide salad dressing evenly amongst bottom of jars. Layer ingredients in order listed above, split evenly amongst each jar.
- Close lid and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, pour salad directly onto serving bowl.
- Salads can be refrigerated up to 4 days.