It’s GAME DAY for all of you football fans so let’s get ready with one of our most requested and most made recipes! A wonderfully delicious appetizer that packs a bit of wow for your friends (or family!). Make our easy hummus and dress it up with veggies and cheese for a Mediterranean masterpiece!
- 4 cups canned garbanzo beans drained (liquid reserved)
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water or liquid from canned beans
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 mini cucumbers or 1/2 of one large one diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Favorite pita or crackers
- Begin by making hummus. Combine first eight ingredients (garbanzo beans through lemon juice) in a food processor. Process until smooth. If needed, drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil through the feed tube to help smooth out mixture. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Choose a large serving platter. Spread the hummus down the middle and along one side, leaving space on the other half of the platter. Using a spoon or back of a spatula, make a sweeping motion to spread out hummus.
- Lay crackers or pitas along the opposite side of the hummus. Sprinkle cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and cheese down the middle of the hummus and pitas, stacking and layering for presentation. Sprinkle parsley over top. Serve immediately.