Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch – you decide! A quick, healthy and wonderfully delicious recipe! The giardiniera brings a wonderful crunch, a balanced saltiness from the capers and a bit of sweetness from the honey!
Loaded Lox Toast
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Giardiniera drained (jarred Italian vegetables)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 slices bread or 1 bagel sliced (gluten free, if desired)
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp capers drained
- Olive oil
- Thinly slice red onions and place in small bowl with ice water. Submerge onions.
- Toast bread and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse giardiniera, garlic, salt and pepper to combine. Don’t over process. Fold in whipped cream cheese to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, drizzle a bit of olive oil over arugula just to lightly dress. Toss.
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly amongst two slices of bread. Spread evenly to coat bread. Top with dressed arugula. Top with red onions that have been removed from ice bath and patted dry. Top with smoked salmon and capers. Drizzle with honey.