As those kiddos are headed back to school and the routine is upon us, I love to have easy breakfast options on hand. Our make ahead breakfast egg burritos are so easy and a hit with kids and adults alike. The only key here is to ensure your scrambled eggs are a bit undercooked so that when they are reheated, the eggs maintain a good consistency. I cook, wrap and pack these up and leave them in the refrigerator for a self-serve morning!
Make Ahead Breakfast Egg Burritos
- 24 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 tortillas I prefer fresh tortillas here, sub gluten free, if desired
- Favorite salsa
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Keep the heat on medium or medium low. Using a spatula, constantly pull egg mixture away from edges, never allowing it to stick. You want a very soft scrambled egg. After about 2-3 minutes, add shredded cheese. Keep pulling mixture away from edges. After about 5-7 minutes total, you should have a very soft scrambled egg. Turn heat off.
- If using bacon, mix in at this point.
- Create an assembly line, laying out tortillas on counter surface. Add roughly 1/2 cup scrambled egg mixture to the center of each tortilla. Gently roll up tortillas, tucking edges in along the way.
- Wrap burritos in wax or parchment paper. Place in refrigerator until ready to use. Prior to eating, heat for 30 seconds in microwave. Top with salsa, if desired.