Easy, healthy and delicious for your whole crowd! I sneak in healthy salmon amongst an assembly line of burrito bowl ingredients to get extra nutrients in those bellies! Extra salmon is great on leftover salads.
Maple Dijon Salmon Burrito Bowl
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 – 4 oz salmon filets
- 3 cups cooked rice I like our coconut lime rice recipe
- 1 – 15 oz can black or pinto beans warmed
- Pickled red onions
- Microgreens arugula or shredded lettuce
- Tomatoes diced
- Limes quartered
- Shredded cheese or cotija
- Avocado quartered or avocado cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for glaze in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Lay salmon filets on baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicon mat. Spread half of glaze on salmon.
- Bake 12 minutes. Halfway through baking, spread remaining glaze over salmon. Once done baking, turn heat up to broil and finish last 60-90 seconds directly under broiler to crystallize sugars.
- Prepare rice and beans.
- Set up toppings assembly line style so everyone can prepare their own burrito bowl. Start with rice on bottom, topping with salmon and other ingredients of choice. Squeeze fresh lime over top.