Pretty much the easiest recipe ever! And, delicious! A kid and adult pleaser! Leftovers? Toss the chicken on a salad for lunch. A great way to use what you have on hand!
Marinated Chicken Sandwich
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar favorite salsa
- 4 slices cheese pepper jack, white American or cheddar
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 hamburger buns Hawaiian or whole wheat
- Place chicken breasts and salsa in large ziplock bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Heat grill to medium / medium low.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and grill 7-8 minutes on each side. To keep chicken moist, it’s best to cook on lower heat for longer time. In the last minute, add cheese to allow it time to melt.
- Serve chicken on bun with avocado. Can also add cooked bacon and sliced tomato, if desired. Fantastic when served with grilled corn on the cob, grilled romaine salad or our extra crispy potatoes!