We are coming in hot with an AMAZING Game Day dish! Perfect for the big Superbowl game this weekend. Get these on the table for your favorite team! They are a guaranteed winner! 🏈
Chicken and Sundried Tomato Meatballs Sliders
Servings: 12 sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained and diced
- 1/2 cup Pecorino or Parmesan
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 egg whisked
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 package fresh mozzarella pearls tiny mozzarella balls, each about the size of a pom pom
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce I love Muir Glen or Rao’s
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Fresh arugula
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 12 ingredients. Shape into meatballs roughly 1 1/2” in diameter (slightly larger than a golf ball). Once ball is formed, take 2-3 small mozzarella pearls and push into center of meatball, ensuring the cheese is fully covered by the meat mixture.
- Heat large oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil. Add meatballs to pan and cook 3-4 on one side. Flip and cook 3-4 on other side. Add marinara sauce to meatballs, working to cover.
- Move to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove pan from oven and top each meatball with slice of fresh mozzarella. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut Hawaiian rolls in half with a serrated knife. Place two halves on baking sheet. Add seasoning to melted butter. Use a pastry brush and brush melted butter on top of rolls. Add baking sheet to oven and lightly brown rolls for 7-8 minutes while meatballs are finishing to cook.
- Assemble sandwich with 1 meatball on each roll. Top with arugula and fresh basil. Extra marinara can be served on the side.