A Fall Sunday calls for a new recipe! And, this one won’t disappoint! Wonderful flavors, easy prep and only one pan to make for easy clean up. Grab your ingredients today and have this on the dinner table tonight. Start to table is about 45 minutes but it’s mostly cook time.
One Pan Mediterranean Chicken with Orzo
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp each dried basil oregano, thyme and kosher salt
- 1/4 each black pepper and red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth divided
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 can pitted green olives drained
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes drained and sliced
- 1 can white kidney or canellini beans drained
- To Serve:
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh herbs
- In a small bowl, combine slurry for chicken breasts. Mix olive oil through red pepper flakes and whisk until smooth. Rub half of mixture over chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large cast iron or oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add a splash of olive oil. Add chicken, seasoned side down first. Cook 3-4 minutes. While chicken is cooking, carefully spoon remaining slurry over unseasoned side of chicken. Spread with spoon to coat. Flip chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on other side. This will give the chicken a nice light brown color.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside. Add shallots and garlic to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Deglaze pan with a few tablespoons of chicken broth, scraping off brown bits. Add orzo and slightly brown, roughly 2-3 minutes. Add remaining chicken broth, along with olives, artichoke hearts, Sundried tomatoes and white beans. Gently mix around to incorporate. Gently nestle chicken back into pan.
- Place pan in oven and cook 20-25 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should read 165 degrees. Be careful when removing pan from oven as it will be extremely hot.
- Serve by plating orzo and vegetables and topping with chicken. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.