Taking two of our most popular Mediterranean dips and bringing them together with beautiful garnishes for a delicious app! This one looks gorgeous when serving and will wow a group. It has more steps to pull together but none are hard and all can be done ahead. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Dip Duo
- Roasted Garbanzo Beans:
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed, patted dry
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 cans garbanzo beans drained (liquid reserved)
- 2/3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water or liquid from canned beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Olive oil as needed
- 8 oz feta cheese room temperature
- 8 oz ricotta cheese I prefer whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup each Kalamata and green olives pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pitas or crackers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread garbanzo beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika, salt and cumin. Toss to combine and spread out on baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until chickpeas are crispy.
- While garbanzo beans are roasting, prepare hummus and whipped feta dips.
- For hummus, combine ingredients (garbanzo beans through lemon juice) in a food processor. Process until smooth. If needed, drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil through the feed tube to help smooth out mixture. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- For whipped feta, combine feta, and ricotta in a food processor. Mix until smooth, roughly 3-4 minutes.
- Spread dips on platter, meeting them up in the center with a slight overlap. The back of a spoon works great to spread out and make a nice design with the dips.
- Remove roasted garbanzo beans from oven. Let cool. Sprinkle over center of dips.
- Garnish with olives, feta and parsley. Sprinkle paprika over top. Drizzle with olive oil. I like to do my garnishes down the center so you can get some with each dip.