We’re still trying to stay a wee bit healthier around here to start the New Year which means more seafood and easy recipes. My sister in law @kflachsbart is a phenomenal cook, too and she shared this delicious recipe with us! Love the simple ingredients, speed to pull it together and crusty French bread on the side.
Mediterranean Shrimp en Papillote
- 1 lb large shrimp roughly 20, depending on size, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup pitted green olives roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 Roma tomatoes sliced into ¼” rounds
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil Pesto store bought or homemade, see below
- Crusty loaf of bread or baguette gluten free, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss gently to coat, then set aside.
- To prepare packets, tear two pieces of parchment paper roughly 10” wide. Brush each sheet of parchment with olive oil to prevent sticking. Lay about half of the spinach on top, followed by tomatoes, then olives, then shrimp. Drizzle a bit of basil pesto over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grab two opposite sides of paper and meet at the top, then roll down tightly to close packet. Twist the remaining two ends and tuck under to make a tight seal. Repeat for remaining packet, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 10-12 minutes. Serve packets still sealed to keep shrimp warm – it’s fun to tear these open when you’re ready to eat! Warm French bread is great to soak up any extra sauce or juice.