Tomato Burrata Salad • The freshest, easiest, summer salad there ever was. When you choose the best ingredients, the rest is easy. Want to get extra crazy? Toss in some cubed, seedless watermelon.
Tomato Burrata Salad
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber seedless, skin peeled and cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup colorful grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz Burrata cheese ball or two 4 oz balls
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh herbs dill, chives and basil, torn
- Place cut tomatoes (heirloom and grape) and cucumber on a large platter, mixing up for color. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Note, by salting the tomatoes and cucumbers directly before adding any oil, you will bring out the natural juices and flavors. Always season along the way! (If you add watermelon, do it now!)
- Break up Burrata and place amongst tomatoes and cucumber. You may want to tuck some cheese under the tomatoes for presentation and serving. Lightly drizzle olive oil over top.
- Sprinkle generously with fresh herbs. I find it easiest to tear the herbs with your hands as to not crush the herbs.
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad • Is there anything better than sweet corn? It’s just perfect. Combine with avocados, tomatoes and the simplest dressing. Perfect with burgers, tacos or enchiladas. Add grilled chicken and some fresh greens to make a main entree.
Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad
- 6 ears of corn grilled and kernels shaved off
- 2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 avocados pits removed and diced
- 1/3 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp shallot pepper or 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Combine corn, tomatoes and avocado in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients (oil through syrup) in small bowl, using whisk to combine well.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and toss until well combined, being careful to not overwork.
- Serve immediately.