A wonderfully delicious and easy start to your mornings! The mini sizes are perfect for breakfast or snacks. Make ahead and use throughout the week.
Mini Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Servings: 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup regular or gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp milk buttermilk, or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 medium bananas overly ripe is best
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter. Next, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry. Then add bananas, milk and vanilla to the mixture and stir until incorporated. Fold in all but 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tins. Bake 11-13 minutes. In last few minutes of baking, add remaining mini chocolate chips to top of muffins. Finish baking. Cool and serve. Store extras in an airtight container for up to 4 days.