Caprese Salad is a favorite for its freshness and ease to pull together. Our version features beautiful heirloom tomatoes and fresh greens, topped with salty prosciutto and creamy burrata cheese. Drizzle with some of our homemade basil pesto for added flavor. Perfect for a hot summer day or a picnic lunch!
Modern Caprese Salad with Proscuitto
- 1 English cucumber
- 4 cups arugula or favorite salad greens
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz ball fresh burrata, sliced thinly or torn into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Basil Pesto
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber to make as many thin ribbons as you can. Set aside. Toss arugula with olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Tear prosciutto slices in half or thirds. Sprinkle tomatoes with a pinch of salt.
- To assemble salad, layer arugula, cucumber, and tomatoes on each plate and top with prosciutto, burrata, and a drizzle of basil pesto.