Yes, you read that right! Waffles that are so quick and easy they are perfect for a weekday. By the time your waffle maker is heated up, the batter is ready to go. Our kids leave the house in waves so these are great to have ready and allow the kids to garnish and serve when they are ready.
Monday Morning Waffles
- 2 cups flour sub gluten free, if desired
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients, flour through cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients, melted butter through vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk well, working to smooth out lumps.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 1/3-1/2 cup batter to each section of waffle maker. Close lid and cook until lightly browned, roughly 4 minutes.
- Remove cooked waffles and repeat until all batter is used. Garnish as desired.