A wow breakfast! Kids headed back to school? Full house of kids from sleepovers? How about a super easy yet oh so delicious breakfast to start them off. Start to finish, these are on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Nutella and Jam French Toast Sticks
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 loaf thick cut white bread thick is key!
- 1/2 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup favorite jam
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Roll bread, one slice at a time, into thin pieces. Use a rolling pin, going a few times in each direction for a thin and even piece.
- Spread thin layer of Nutella spread on one side of bread. Add a small dollop of jam at one end. Roll up tightly and gently pinch together to stay closed. Repeat with all pieces of bread.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Add half of cinnamon sugar to mixture. Dip each rolled up bread piece into mixture. Shake off excess and place on a clean plate. Repeat with all rolled up pieces of bread.
- Melt 2 Tbsp unsalted butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat to melt. Add rolled up French toast sticks to pan, placing seam side down. Add 6-8 pieces to the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Turn with tongs and repeat on other side.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over cooked pieces. Serve with fruit and syrup.
Serves 4-6, 2-3 sticks each