Orange, Fennel and Arugula Salad with Broiled Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 blood oranges skin removed and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted and diced
- 1/2 bulb fennel razor thin slices (white part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Thinly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cut salmon into individual filets. Place on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper. Drizzle avocado oil lightly over each filet (about 1-2 tsp on each). Drizzle lemon juice lightly over each filet (about 1 tsp on each). Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle brown sugar lightly over each filet (about 1 Tbsp on each). Broil on top rack of oven for 6-7 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, combine all salad ingredients except the oranges and Parmesan in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make dressing, combining all ingredients and blending well. Drizzle dressing over salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Place 2-3 orange rounds on the bottom of a plate or salad bowl. Grab a handful of the salad mixture and place atop oranges. Thinly grated Parmesan over top.
- Remove salmon from oven, letting sit for a few minutes. Using a fish spatula or metal spatula, gently place broiled salmon atop salad.