Orecchiette with Italian Sausage and Trader Joe’s Autumn Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage mild
- 2 tsp Foxpoint seasoning or favorite Italian herb blend
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce
- 1 bag orecchiette pasta gluten free if chosen
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating, make sausage mixture. Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic. Turn heat down to medium high and cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add salt to season. Add ground sausage and Italian seasoning. Cook 6-7 minutes or until browned. While cooking, use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up into small pieces. Once browned, add pasta sauce and mix to combine. Turn heat to low to keep warm while pasta cooks.
- Once pasta water is boiling, add orecchiette. Cook for 9-11 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta. Gently toss pasta and sausage / sauce mixture in a large pasta bowl. Serve on individual plates.
- Top with fresh basil and extra freshly grated Parmesan, if desired,