A delightful little treat that is sure to please all of your guests. Quick and easy to make with only a few ingredients.
Servings: 18 truffles
- 1 family sized bag Oreo cookies
- 1 – 8 oz container mascarpone or cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract
- 1 – 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 – 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Set aside a few Oreos for garnish later.
- In a food processor, combine Oreos and softened mascarpone or cream cheese. Add extract. Process until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use an ice cream scoop and scoop into balls. You should make roughly 18-24, depending on size of your scoop. Use hands to roll into balls. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in separate bowls. This can be done in microwave or double boiler over stove. If using a microwave, heat on high in 30 second increments, mixing after each. Repeat until smooth.
- Coat half of the balls in semi sweet chocolate and the other half in white chocolate. You can do this with two spoons or two forks. Place back on baking sheet. Crush remaining Oreos and drizzle over white chocolate balls. Drizzle remaining white chocolate over semi sweet balls. Refrigerate again for at least 20 minutes.
Makes 1 1/2 – 2 dozen