- 3-4 sweet bell peppers seeds and stems removed, cut into 2-3” slices
- Head of garlic
- 1 medium sweet onion quartered
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Salt pepper, olive oil and sherry vinegar to taste
- 1/2 c Marconi almonds or toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes in oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Slice the head of garlic in half. In a small deep pan or baking dish, place onion, garlic, and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Cook for about 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until the onion is tender and garlic is soft.
- Once cool, remove from oven. Squeeze garlic cloves out of skin. Place garlic, onions, peppers, and remaining oil in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Add sundried tomatoes and blend until smooth. Add in the Marconi almonds. Blend again until thick. Taste. Add salt and vinegar if desired. If consistency is too thick, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Consistency should be like hummus.
- Serve with chicken, fish or on pasta.
Makes about 2 cups