An easy and healthy weeknight favorite!
Panko and Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- 4 salmon filets
- Avocado oil
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 lemon zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line nonstick cookie sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread salmon filets amongst cookie sheet. Lightly drizzle with avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, basil and lemon zest. Mix until well combined. Press mixture evenly onto salmon filets ensuring it won’t flake off too much as cooked.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Once done, plate and serve with favorite roasted vegetables.
- Note, if you wish to cook salmon on cedar planks on the grill, that is an easy option, too. Soak cedar planks while prepping salmon. Fully submerse planks in water so they don’t burn while grilling. In lieu of a cookie sheet, place salmon directly on cedar planks. Prepare remainder of recipe as directed. Cook on grill at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 – 16 oz bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 3-5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Add frozen cauliflower rice and mix well. Turn heat down to medium low and cook 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently. Cauliflower should be softened and warm.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, basil and heavy cream. Stir well. Cover saucepan with lid and cook for 10 more minutes. Once done, liquid should be nearly all absorbed.
- Add cheeses and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes to allow cheese to melt. Serve immediately.