We hope you aren’t sick of all the peaches because we sure haven’t had enough! They are ah-mazing right now – perfectly sweet and juicy and so versatile to cook with. Our Peach Arugula Salad is simply, quick and so tasty!
Peach Arugula Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 peaches quartered
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 mini cucumbers ends removed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered roasted almonds
- 1/4 red onion very thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 peach grilled (reserved from peaches above)
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium
- high heat to cook peach wedges. Cook center side down for 4-5 minutes over medium heat and flip. Look for a nice golden brown color on peaches but not too soft. You still want the peaches to maintain their form. Set aside when done.
- Once cooked, set two peach wedges aside to use for dressing. Cut remaining peaches into medium sized squares. Set aside.
- Gently remove skin from remaining two peach wedges. Add to a food processor with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon, honey, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large salad bowl, add arugula. Toss arugula with 1/2 of salad dressing. Add cucumber, almonds, red onions and peaches. Toss very gently. Plate salad and allow remaining dressing to be drizzle on top. Grate fresh Parmesan over top of salad.
Note: If time permits, you can do a quick pickling of red onions. Simply add sliced red onions to bowl or mason jar. Cover with red wine vinegar. Add pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well and cover. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.