Peanut Butter Mousse with Double Layered Cookie Crumbles
- 16 Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 16 Pumpkin layer cookies or gingersnaps
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter divided and melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese slightly softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter slightly softened (I like Jif Natural)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed Oreos for garnish
- In two separate batches, pulse cookies in a good processor until a fine crumb mixture. So once for the Oreo cookies and once for the pumpkin or gingerbread cookies. Place crumbs in separate bowls. Combine each with 4 Tbsp melted butter and stir.
- Set out your 8 individual serving dishes, preferably glass to showcase the layers. First layer Oreo mixture into bottom of the dishes, separating evenly amongst dishes.
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This will happen after about 5 minutes on high speed. Set the mixture aside, working quickly to prepare the rest of the filling.
- Return to food processor or mixer. Combine slightly softened peanut butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Mix on medium until well combined and smooth. Lastly, add half of the whipped cream mixture to the filling. It’s best to fold in by hand at this point with a spatula to keep the light texture. Reserve remaining whipped cream for garnish.
- Split the filling into two halves. Using one half, evenly divide amongst eight serving dishes, layering on top of Oreo mixture. Next layer pumpkin / gingerbread cookie mixture on top of first filling layer, separating evenly amongst dishes. Lastly, evenly divide remaining filling amongst serving dishes, layering on top of pumpkin / gingerbread cookie mixture.
- Top each dish with dollop of whipped cream and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Longer is better to allow mousse to set.