Perhaps the easiest and most crowd pleasing sweet treat for the holiday season. Fast and beautiful for entertaining, too! Get creative with items to dip and decorating this delicious cheesecake ball.
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Ball
- 1 block 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Crushed peppermint or sprinkles
- Wafer cookies peppermint cookies or sandwich cookies of choice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or using a hand mixer in a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix again.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter. Pile mixture into center of plastic wrap. Pull plastic wrap around mix tightly to form a ball. Ensure all edges are sealed shut and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Can also be made ahead and frozen for a day or two, just allow a bit more time to thaw before serving.
- After ball is chilled, pour chocolate chips into a bowl slightly larger than the cheesecake ball. Unwrap from plastic and roll cheesecake ball around in bowl so chocolate chips coat outer edges of ball. Gently place on serving plate. Press any remaining chocolate chips into ball to completely cover exterior. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint or sprinkles. Serve with cookies of choice to dip.