I have bad news for you. In a few hours your family is going to want dinner. Again. Just like last night. Looking for some good news? Our super easy and delicious recipe will delight your family and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. (Probably even 20 minutes if you’re on your game!) Introducing Pesto Chicken and Couscous with Blistered Tomatoes! Rev up those taste buds!!
Pesto Chicken and Couscous with Blistered Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Fill a medium stockpot with 2 cups water. Lightly salt and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, prepare pesto. Using a food processor, pulse together the ingredients in a few steps. First add walnuts and garlic and pulse until ground. Add arugula and basil. Pulse again until combined. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Pulse again. Add Parmesan and pulse a final time until desired consistency. Set aside.
- Add couscous to boiling water. Turn off heat and cover pan. Let sit and cook.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Generously season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil to bottom of pan. Cook chicken 6-7 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Note, if chicken is sticking to the pan and isn’t easy to turn, it needs to cook longer on that side. Once cooked on both sides, remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Let rest.
- Heat skillet again over medium high heat. Add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil to bottom of pan. Add grape tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook 8-10 minutes, moving around often in pan. You want tomatoes slightly blistered (wrinkled skin on exterior). Remove tomatoes from heat and set aside.
- Mix 3/4 of pesto into couscous. Plate couscous and top with chicken. Add blistered tomatoes. Drizzle remaining pesto over top. Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil.