A perfect game day dinner for Thursday Night Football. Our Vikings are playing against the Philadelphia Eagles tonight and while we aren’t rooting for the birds, we are rooting for their food. Whip up these for the big game and delight your crowd. Let the crockpot do most of the work here!
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast cubed
- 3 tsp each kosher salt smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp each black pepper and ground mustard
- 1 quart broth or stock
- 3 yellow onions sliced
- 24 Hawaiian roll mini slider buns
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers cut into strips
- 12 slices white cheddar cheese
- 8 Tbsp butter divided
- Italian seasoning
- Add meat, seasoning and broth to crock pot. Cook on high for 5 hours. Remove from liquid with slotted spoon and shred meat with two forks. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 4 Tbsp butter. Add sliced onions and cook on low for 15-20 minutes or until caramelized. Stir around frequently while cooking.
- Remove the rolls from the package and use a long, sharp knife to cut the whole loaf in half horizontally to create a bottom half and a top half. Do not separate into individual rolls.
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray and add the bottom half of the slider rolls as one grouping.
- Spread shredded beef on bottom of buns. Top with caramelized onions and red pepper strips. Cover with cheese slices. Add top layer of buns.
- Melt remaining 4 Tbsp butter. Use a pastry brush and brush melted butter over top of buns. Sprinkle with seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve.