Looking for a healthy, easy and flavorful twist on your traditional chicken tenders? We’ve got you covered! Perfect as an appetizer with our aioli and great as a meal on their own. Leftovers are great for a school lunch or even on a salad.
Pickle Brined Unfried Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 cups pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs gluten free if desired
- 2 Tbsp each smoked paprika and brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp each onion powder dried basil, dried oregano and kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour gluten free if desired
- Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Barbecue Sauce
- Fresh herbs
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Combine pickle juice and chicken in a gallon sized, ziploc bag. Let marinate for 30-60 minutes in refrigerator.
- Use tongs and remove chicken pieces from pickle juice. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set up three stations of shallow bowls. Place eggs in one bowl, whisking well. Place flour in second bowl. In last bowl, combine breadcrumbs through black pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, coating both sides and shaking off excess. Dip into egg mixture. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture, covering all sides. Place completed chicken tenders on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- While baking, prepare lemon aioli recipe (on our website). Serve with aioli or barbecue sauce (we have a killer homemade one on our website). Garnish with fresh herbs and grated Parmesan.