The Masters kicks off today. When I hear that it’s Masters Week, I think of azaleas, the dogwood, the green jacket, beautiful Augusta and of course, pimento cheese. It’s an iconic sandwich at the Master’s Golf Tournament and still priced at $1.50 (has been for over 20 years!). My previous mother in law is from the south and always made the best pimento cheese dip. So, in honor of Masters weekend, we share her pimento cheese dip. (We’ve changed it a bit over the years to get it just perfect!)
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 – 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar pimentos drained
- Combine all ingredients with hand mixer or with spoon in a large bowl.
- Serve with potato chips, saltines or crackers.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.