Oh-em-geeee!!! This is a home run of a recipe and perfect for a quick dinner, easy lunch or even an after school snack! My kiddos demolished these in no time. They couldn’t be easier to pull together and they will wow your crowd!
Servings: 6 servings
- 12-18 thin slices salami
- 12-18 small rounds pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 bagels sliced in half width wise
- 6 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the baking sheet, make a medium circle of 3 overlapping slices of salami, roughly the width of one bagel. Overlap 3 slices of pepperoni on top. Layer approx 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese on top of meats. Layer one bagel half on top of each. Repeat 5 more times until you have 6 bagels layered on top of the salami, pepperoni and cheeses.
- If necessary, make the hole of the bagel slightly larger (needs to hold an egg) without breaking the sides of the bagel. Crack an egg, one at a time and gently pour into center of each bagel. It’s imperative that the yolk stays in the middle. It’s not an issue if some of the egg whites overflow. Repeat until all bagel halves have an egg in the center.
- Lightly season tops of bagels and eggs with kosher salt, pepper and dried basil. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella over top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- While bagels are cooking, warm marinara sauce in microwave or on stovetop.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with remaining grated Parmesan cheese. Drizzle some of marinara sauce over top. Place the rest on the side for dipping. Garnish with fresh basil.