Festive and gorgeous! Not to mention delicious and easy! Everyone loves a cheese ball and we amped ours up with a few kinds of cheese, fresh herbs and citrus. The pomegranates bring a nice bright, fresh outer coating. Guests are sure to eat this one up!
Pomegranate Herbed Cheese Ball
- 8 oz mascarpone room temperature (can substitute block of cream cheese)
- 5-6 oz container soft herbed cheese either Boursin or Alouette
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs chives, thyme, dill and rosemary are great options
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Favorite crackers
- Combine all ingredients except pomegranate seeds in a food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter. Pile mixture into center of plastic wrap. Pull plastic wrap around mix tightly to form a ball. Ensure all edges are sealed shut and place in freezer for at least 20 minutes. Can also be made ahead and frozen for a day or two, just allow a bit more time to thaw before serving.
- After ball is chilled, pour pomegranate seeds into a bowl slightly larger than the cheese ball. Unwrap from plastic and roll cheese ball around in bowl so pomegranate seeds coat outer edges of ball. Gently place on serving plate. Press any remaining seeds into ball to completely cover exterior. Serve with crackers of choice to dip.