Pumpkin Chai Bread
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cup flour I used gluten free blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp chai tea I use a chai tea bag and cut open, measuring out only what I need
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand or electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar with a whisk attachment. Add one egg and a time and continue to whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin purée, Greek yogurt and maple syrup. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining cake ingredients (flour through pumpkin pie spice). Mix well.
- Return to mixer to finish preparing batter. Turn mixer on medium low speed. Alternate adding pumpkin mixture and dry mixture, roughly 1/3 of each mixture at a time. After all ingredients have been added, whisk until well combined, being careful not to overwork.
- Add batter to a prepared pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Recipe will make 4 mini loaves or one large loaf. Cook 30-32 minutes for mini loaves or 45 minutes for one large loaf, or until top is lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- While cooling, make glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. Whisk together until well combined and there are no lumps. You want the glaze to be slightly thicker, not runny. Adjust powdered sugar and milk as needed to get desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled loaves and serve. Note, if not eating all at once, only drizzle glaze over portion you are immediately using. To save, store glaze in an airtight container in the fridge and loaves in airtight container on counter.
Makes 4 small loaves or 1 large loaf