Is it too much to have a taco night every night? Maybe. But, we keep inventing new flavors and toppings to squeeze in just one more taco night. Because, well, we are obsessed. This delicious, seasonal twist is made even better (and, easier) with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Chipotle Roasting Sauce. Delish for a Taco Tuesday (or, any day!)
Pumpkin Chipotle Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 white yellow onion diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s pumpkin chipotle roasting sauce
- 1 – 14.5 oz can black beans
Pumpkin Chipotle Crema:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 chipotle in adobo pepper and sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Avocado sliced or diced
- Cotija cheese or favorite shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Lime wedges
- Add onion, shallot and garlic to bottom slow cooker.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of onion mixture. Pour braising sauce over top. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Once done cooking, shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Warm black beans in a small sauce pot over medium low heat.
- Prepare pumpkin chipotle crema by mixing all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed. If too thick, add a bit more lime juice or water.
- Using tongs, warm tortillas directly over gas burner set to low, or in a skillet. Assemble tacos with shredded chicken, top with warmed black beans. Drizzle Crema over top. Garnish with fresh cilantro, cheese and any other desired toppings.