It’s hump day so how about a second recipe (and, a new one!) to get us through the week! It’s almost that time of year where apples and pumpkins reign supreme. I’m still over here on the kick of making sure our kiddos head out the door with full bellies in the morning and these were a hit this week. Easily gluten and dairy free yet moist and delicious!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 1-2 standard sized muffin tins with non stick spray. (Note: Can also prepare in batches if you only have one tin).
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips to the mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from oven to a cooling rack and let cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. These can be made ahead and stored in airtight container for 3-5 days.