The leader of the fall pack is here! A most perfect weekend breakfast or brunch. Our favorite coffee cake with a pumpkin twist.
Pumpkin Crumble Coffee Cake
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 3/4 cup regular or gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup regular or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a springform pan or pie dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices).
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or using electric beaters, cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and slightly fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add in 1 egg at a time and mix until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, oil, yogurt and vanilla) until smooth.
- Turn the mixer to low speed. Alternating dry and wet mixtures, add half of each at a time and allow to just incorporate before adding the next. Stop the mixer when all of the ingredients just come together, being careful not to overmix. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure everything is incorporated. Set batter aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon for crumble. Mixture will be moist and dense. Once incorporated, set aside.
- Transfer half of batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle half of brown sugar crumble mixture on top. Note, pieces may be thick and clump together. Use a spoon or knife to break up and swirl. Pour remaining half of batter over top. Top with remaining brown sugar crumble mixture using same technique. If desired, sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer or knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove by loosening springform rim and gently lifting rim off. Move to a cooling rack until ready to serve.
- Serve and enjoy!