A seasonal newbie in our series of crunch muffins! Watch them disappear right after the come out of the oven! The perfect weekend breakfast or “make ahead” muffins to prep for the week ahead. Easy, delicious and crowd pleasing!
Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk buttermilk, or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup granola slightly crushed (grain free if making gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla and pumpkin purée until well combined. Note, entire recipe can also be prepared using a stand mixture.
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with nonstick spray. Add batter to muffin cup, filling roughly 3/4 full. Sprinkle Sprinkle granola over top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Muffins can be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight container.