A fantastic dessert for the holiday season when you want something a little different than a pie. Easy to make a day or two ahead of time, too! Swap regular Graham crackers for gluten free, making this dessert easily gluten free.
Pumpkin Mousse with Graham Cracker Crust
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 full sized graham crackers or 16 squares cinnamon or honey flavored
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Graham cracker crumbs to garnish
- Using a small food processor, blend graham crackers until a very fine sand-like texture forms. Add melted butter and 1 Tbsp sugar. Mix well. Once combined, set aside.
- In a large Kitchenaid with a whisk attachment or hand mixer, whisk heavy whipping cream and remaining 1 Tbsp sugar on high speed until peaks form. This should take 4-5 minutes. Once peaks form, set aside until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl, whip together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Combine until well blended and smooth. Add pumpkin purée, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Using a spatula or spoon, add 1/2 of whipped cream mixture. Fold into mixture ensuring that it is well combined but not overworked.
- Prepare mousse cups. Using a small glasses or mason jars, press even amounts of graham cracker crust into bottom of container. Top with pumpkin mousse mixture, dividing evenly amongst containers. Top with remaining whipped cream, dividing evenly amongst containers. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes to allow mousse to set. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs to garnish.
Makes 4 large size servings or 8 mini servings