Our favorite (and yours, too) Nutella French Toast Sticks get a twist for fall with pumpkin butter added in. As always, the kids chowed down on these almost as quickly as I could cook them.
Pumpkin Nutella French Toast Sticks
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 loaf thick cut white bread thick is key!
- 2/3 cup Nutella or cocoa hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Roll bread, one slice at a time, into thin pieces. Use a rolling pin, going a few times in each direction for a thin and even piece.
- Spread thin layer of Nutella (approx 1 Tbsp) and top with a thin layer of pumpkin butter (approx 1 tsp) on one side of bread. Roll up tightly and gently pinch together to stay closed. Repeat with all pieces of bread.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Add pumpkin pie spice and half of cinnamon sugar to mixture. Dip each rolled up bread pieces into mixture. Shake off excess and place on a clean plate. Repeat with all rolled up pieces of bread.
- Melt 2 Tbsp unsalted butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat to melt. Add rolled up French toast sticks to pan, placing seam side down. Add 6-8 pieces to the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Turn with tongs and repeat on other side.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over cooked pieces. Serve with syrup.
Serves 4-6, 2-3 sticks each