OH•EM•GEE. OMG. New recipe coming at your today and it’s DELISH! We love a good quick bread and we love Nutella (have you tried our Chocolate Nutella Bread?). There’s not much that my littlest kiddo likes more than a spoonful of Nutella so we wanted to tried a new seasonal flavor and this one really hits the spot!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a standard loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla and pumpkin purée until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Heat Nutella for 15 seconds in the microwave. Stir well. The softened Nutella will be easier to spread.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Drizzle half of Nutella on top of first half of batter. Use a spoon or a toothpick and slightly swirl the Nutella into the batter. Pour remaining half of the batter over top. Drizzle remaining Nutella and swirl gently into the batter. For regular loaf, bake 55-65 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. (Note, the swirls of Nutella will still be soft but the batter around it should be fully cooked). Remove bread from oven to a cooling rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.