A few years ago my daughter and I had great pumpkin muffins from a favorite local restaurant. She begged me to figure how to recreate them. These are now a seasonal favorite for breakfast that comes together quickly! Kiddos love these and great to make ahead!
Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups flour I use gluten free blend
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix sugar and oil until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time. Add pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, flour through nutmeg.
- Add dry mixture and water to pumpkin mixture, alternating as you add them. Continue until all dry mixture and water have been added and are well combined. Take time to scrape down sides of bowl, if needed.
- Stir raisins into mixture, being careful to not overmix.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.