Have you tried the new Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cereal? It’s delish! And, combines two of my favorite things – chocolate and peanut butter! Add in some marshmallows and Reese’s mini cups and you have a WINNER! Easy to pull together and sure to fly off the plate with your kiddos!
Reese’s Treat Bars
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 oz large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 cups mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cereal
- 1/2 cup mini Reeses’s candy roughly chopped
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat until the butter is just about melted. Note, I think a nonstick pot works great!
- Turn heat down to medium low and add large marshmallows. Stir frequently until just about melted and almost smooth.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the heat and pour in Reese’s cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the cereal is completely covered in the melted marshmallows.
- Pour half of your mixture into your pan. Use your spatula or wooden spoon to press down. Sprinkle mini marshmallows over top. Add half of the chopped mini Reese’s cups.
- Top with remaining cereal and marshmallow mixture. Again, use your hands or spatula to press down. Note, spraying your hands with nonstick cooking spray can help.
- Garnish with remaining chopped mini Reese’s cups.
- Leave uncovered or cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for at least 1 hour before cutting and enjoying.