An easy and delicious appetizer for your next gathering. (Or, in our case, a snack to keep the family at bay while I cook dinner!). Only a few ingredients that can be quickly stored bought and prepped. Have extra time? Opt for a homemade pesto (find ours on the website).
Ricotta and Pesto Crostini
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pesto store bought or homemade
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice baguette into roughly 1/2” round slices and place in a single for layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 8-9 minutes or until lightly golden browned.
- While baguette is cooking, prepare ricotta mixture. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well until smooth.
- Lay cooked baguette pieces on serving tray. Top with dollop of ricotta mixture and gently spread. Top with dollop of basil pesto.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.