Looking for a healthy and satisfying breakfast or lunch option? Ready in less than 15 minutes, this one is a winner! A great alternative to avocado toast. Easily made gluten free by simply subbing out the bread. Enjoy!
Ricotta Toast with Arugula and Jammy Eggs
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Small pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bread sub gluten free, if desired
- 2 cups arugula
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, zest and juice of 1/2 of lemon, salt and pepper. Slowly stir to combine. Once combined, whisk quickly for 1-2 minutes to created a fluffier, whipped cheese. Set aside.
- Heat 1 inch water in a small saucepan. Gently add eggs. Eggs should not be fully submerged in water. Set timer for 8 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, gently toss arugula with a few drizzles olive oil and zest and juice of other 1/2 of lemon.
- Toast bread.
- Once eggs are done cooking, run cold water over them to stop cooking. Let cool for a few minutes and very gently peel.
- Spread 1/4 of ricotta mixture over slice of toasted bread. Top with 1/2 cup of dressed arugula. Gently slice egg in half and place on top of arugula. Add small pinch of salt and pepper to top.
Serves 4, 1 slice each