Still finalizing your Thanksgiving menu? How about our wonderfully roasted Brussels sprouts! A little salty, a little sweet and a lot of perfect for your table! Easy, easy, easy to make. Only a few ingredients and largely hands off cooking. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Honey
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly trim end of Brussels sprouts to remove tough stem but don’t cut too much off that you lose the connectivity of the leaves. Cut in half lengthwise. Add to a bowl and drizzle with 2-3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Gently toss to coat. Set aside.
- Using an oven safe skillet, heat over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until lightly browned, roughly 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently while cooking.
- Once done, remove pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave bacon fat in the pan.
- Place Brussels sprouts center side down in pan in one layer. Don’t stack on too if each other. If you have too many Brussels sprouts, work in batches.
- Cook in oven for 12-15 minutes or until nicely roasted. Don’t touch Sprouts while cooking, just gently lift up one or two to check for doneness. Brussels sprouts should be dark brown in the center and fork tender to the touch when done.
- Plate sprouts, sprinkling pancetta over top. Drizzle lightly with honey. Serve immediately.