A wonderful new recipe with a twist to add to our favorite food group – tacos! Vegetarian but hearty, this packs a punch of flavor and comes together quickly! Want protein included? Toss in some rotisserie chicken. Enjoy!
Roasted Mushroom and Corn Street Tacos
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 3.5 oz shiitake mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 oz cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 avocados sliced or cubed
- Jalapeños sliced and seeds removed
- Fresh cilantro
- Cotija cheese crumbled
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cilantro creama or salsa
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage into corn until covered.
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Cook corn for 15 minutes, turning once midway through.
- While corn is cooking, prepare mushrooms. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter. Once almost melted, add shallot and garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and combine with butter mixture. Turn heat down to medium. Add salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Mix well and cook until softened, roughly 8-10 minutes. If mixture becomes a bit dry, feel free to add a splash of broth.
- Remove corn from grill and let cool slightly. Shave kernels off of cob into a medium bowl. Add corn to mushroom mixture and combine. Return to stove over low heat. Add cream cheese and lime juice. Cook 3-5 more minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Lightly toast tortillas in a dry, nonstick skillet or over open flame for 30 seconds on each side, using tongs to flip.
- Set up assembly line with tortillas, mushroom/corn mixture and toppings. Assemble tacos as desired. Serve with rice and beans.
Serves 4, 2 tacos each