These are a holiday staple! A fun twist on the basic roasted nut. Make up a batch (or, two or three) and have a healthy snack on hand for the holiday season!
Roasted Rosemary & Cayenne Almonds
- 1 lb whole “raw” unsalted almonds blanched or unblanched
- 1-2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet in a thin layer. Roast for 8 minutes. Roast 10-12 minutes if you are doubling or tripling the batch.
- While almonds are roasting, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- When almonds are done, immediately toss in mixture, combining well to coat. Let cool and then toss again to break up any pieces that may be stuck together. Store in an airtight container up to one week.