The end of summer tomatoes are just amazing! It’s their time to shine to let’s make sure they do. This is a new favorite sauce and so easy to make! Serve atop crostini for a delightful appetizer or toss with pasta for a fresh dinner. Maybe even splurge with a little Burrata? Fresh basil finishes off this perfection!
Roasted Tomato Pesto Crostini
- 2 pints grape / cherry tomatoes or 4 cups diced tomatoes roughly 1” in diameter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted, if desired
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread tomatoes and garlic on baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and salt. Lightly add black pepper. Mix with hands or spatula to evenly coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until tomatoes start to release their juices.
- Once done cooking, allow to cool for a few minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooling, slice baguette into roughly 1/2” round slices and place in a single for layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 8-9 minutes or until lightly golden browned.
- While baguette is cooking, prepare pesto. In a blender or food processor, combine cooked tomatoes and garlic with remaining ingredients (through Parmesan cheese). Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Top each slice of baguette with a spoonful of pesto. Garnish with torn basil leaves and freshly grated Parmesan.
- Extra pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.